IGPI’s Challenges to Transform “Corporate Japan”
Tuesday, February 14, 2023 | 12:30 — 1:30 PM (Lunch will be provided)
Room 640, Geffen Hall, Columbia Business School (Map)
(645 West 130th Street, New York, NY 10027)
Industrial Growth Platform, Inc. (IGPI)
David E. Weinstein
Director, CJEB; Carl S. Shoup Professor of the Japanese Economy, Columbia University
Topics to be covered:
– Transforming IGPI’s corporate turnaround platform to eradicate Zombie companies
– Breaking silos in academia to amplify start-up activities
– Enhancing productivity for local economies through CX and DX
– Refining corporate board room decisions and actions through stakeholder engagement
About the Speaker:
Takashi Muraoka has been the CEO and Managing Partner of IGPI since 2020. IGPI is one of the most reputable professional firms in Japan with its hybrid business model, actively engaging both in management consulting business and in principal investments. The firm boasts a unique client network, which ranges from CEOs of JPX 400, owners of SMEs, and founders of start-ups in Japan and Asia. Furthermore, in recent years IGPI has actively expanded its venture capital business around the world by forming a JV with JBIC, an overseas investment arm of the Japanese government.
He also serves in senior advisory roles for several Japanese governmental agencies including INCJ, the governmental investment arm for innovation, and he also formerly served in the Financial Services Agency (FSA).
Prior to founding IGPI, he was a Managing Director at the Industrial Revitalization Corporation of Japan, a Japanese governmental investment fund, and led several corporate turnaround cases including Mitsui Mining, Misawa Homes, and Daiei. Before joining IRCJ, he worked for Sanwa Bank (currently MUFG Bank) and Morgan Stanley in the fields of M&A and project finance.
He holds an MBA from UCLA.
Admission and Contact:
You must register to attend this in-person-only event.
If you have questions about the event, please contact us at email@example.com.
● Advance registration is required to attend this event.
● This in-person-only event is open to the public and will not be live streamed. Please note registration does not guarantee a seat.
● Please be advised that this event may be photographed, so your image may appear on our website or in CJEB materials later. If this is an issue, please let us know.
● Please note that due to current University guidelines in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all visitors must have their primary series of COVID-19 vaccination and be prepared to show proof if asked.
For more information about other CJEB events, visit our website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Center on Japanese Economy and Business
About the Organizers
Visited 3 times, 1 Visit today