After 3 years, it will be GREAT to see you!
Space limited to 125 participants
When: Saturday, March 4 (9:00 am-5:30 pm)
Welcome gathering Friday, March 3 (6:00-9:00 pm)
Where: Union College, College Park Hall, 450 Nott Street, Schenectady, NY 12308
Who: Whether you are new to Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL) or a seasoned volunteer, come be part of the magic of being in a roomful of fabulous, committed CCL activists from the Northeast Region.
- Connect with each other
- Learn and practice new skills together
- Leave empowered to become an even more effective advocate for a livable planet
We plan a one day conference designed for connecting, sharing and upping our game as activists. We will spend almost the entire time in breakout sessions, learning and working together.
The Northeast Region covers New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. And if you are the parent of a high schooler, bring them along!
Rough agenda – more detail will appear here as we firm things up:
Friday, March 3
Informal Reception Gathering and connecting at last!
Hot hors d’oeuvres and cash bar
Saturday, March 4
8:00 am Registration, coffee
9:00 – 9:20 Welcome/conference overview & logistics
9:30-10:30 Breakout Sessions
11:00-12:00 Breakout Sessions
12:00-1:30 Lunch (included)
1:30- 2:30 pm Breakout Sessions
3:00-4:00 pm Breakout Sessions
4:30-5:30 pm All together – Closing
Breakouts in the works:
- CCL’s signature Climate Advocate Training for those new to CCL or needing a refresher
- Deepening Relationships with Members of Congress — the Climate Champion scale
- State Level Action at the Chapter Level
- Busting Clean Energy Myths
- Diverse and Equitable Outreach and Retention
- Chapter meetings that inspire, engage, get stuff done!
- Having Climate Change Conversations
- The latest from the Yale Project on Climate Communications
- Impactful Presentations – with and without EnRoads
- Youth: On being a teenage climate advocate in professional spaces
- Hot tips on Print, Broadcast and Social Media
$95 general admission
$110 incudes student support
$ 25 student
For the first time, we have set a hard cap on registrations. We cannot accommodate more than 125 people.
We are happy to help those who request a discount. Please contact Sarah Braik at firstname.lastname@example.org
Covid precautions: Indoor masking will be required for the event on Saturday. We obviously will allow removal of masks once people are sitting down for their meals. Those attending the Friday social gathering are asked to use their own judgment regarding masking while they are eating and drinking.
Hotel information: Discounted rooms will be available. Stay tuned for details on this site and in emails to those who register.
Parking: Plentiful and free.
EV charging: There are four EV chargers at the conference venue, and some near local hotels. There are several Tesla superchargers about 10 minutes away, convenient to the highway.
By registering for this event, you are giving Citizens’ Climate Lobby and Citizens’ Climate Education permission to send you email including information about CCL/CCE and how you can volunteer and support our work. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Citizens' Climate Education/Citizens' Climate Lobby
About the Organizers
Visited 6 times, 1 Visit today