| October 27 & 28, 2020
Banking and finance have always been highly centralized in their hierarchy, their business model and their information system, but in the digital age, in order to avoid Bill Gates’ 1994 prophecy that banks would become obsolete, the industry requires modification and innovation.
With the explosion of digital channels and apps powered by APIs, modern generations no longer visit their local banking branch for their financial needs. We want to access banking services not where they are, but where we are. It is up to the bank to adapt to modern, multichannel customer journeys. This new demand, combined with the emergence of innovative software technologies, is creating a fresh form of finance that is embedded and decentralized through APIs that allow your bank services and your data to end up on third-party applications.
Thanks to these interfaces, banks and insurers can export their services to other customer journeys and find themselves not only on their own mobile application, but in a trove of outside platforms. Applications for things like vehicle purchasing or real estate agencies that assist in making rental or purchase offers, e-commerce websites that allow consumers to pay on credit at the time of purchase and a multitude of other customer experiences exist outside of the banking world, yet they benefit immensely from banking services. Because of this, the economy of banking and embedded finance is estimated at nearly $7.2 trillion – more than two times the current banking market creating a monumental opportunity for both traditional players and Fintechs. At apidays LIVE London, we will explore how APIs enable incumbents to surf on embedded finance.
The speaker lineup is very impressive, with:
- Simon Torrance, Senior Independent Advisor, Business Model Transformation at World Economic Forum
- Mark Boyd, Writer/Analyst at Platformable
- Alvaro Acevedo, API Product Manager at SWIFT
- Hakan Eroglu, Global Open Banking Lead & MEA Innovation Consulting Lead Principal at Mastercard
- Aleksei Akimov, Head of APIs at Adyen
- Chirine BenZaied – Bourgerie, Innovation Director at Finastra
- Stijn Pieper, Lead Product Owner at Revolut
- Paul Rohan, Head of Business Strategy – Finance – Solutions Consultant, Google Cloud (Apigee) at Google
- Jason Kobus, Managing Director, Platform Strategy at Silicon Valley Bank
- Abid Mumtaz, Head of Bank Partnerships at TransferWise
- Koen Adolfs, Lead Product Owner | Open Banking & Enterprise Integration Technology at ABN Amro
- Miguel Ballesteros, Customer Solutions Engineer at Dow Jones
- Sumit Amar, Sr. Director at Visa
- Yojas Samarth, Data Evangelist at DBS
- Romain Huet, Head of Developer Relations at Stripe
- Nicoleta Stoica, Lead API Architect at HSBC
- Kiran Nadgir, Head of API Platforms at Silicon Valley Bank
- . . . and many others
Check https://www.apidays.co/london for more information.
apidays - World's leading series of API Conferences
About the Organizers
Visited 82 times, 1 Visit today