IMPORTANT: The event will take place on the platform LIVESTORM. You will receive a separate email with the link to join the event.
The European Union is at a pivotal moment for reaching climate neutrality by 2050. The digital transformation of the increasingly decentralised and decarbonised energy system is part of the solution. This requires the accelerated shift towards more connected mobility, smart buildings and industries, and a more integrated energy system with consumers at its core.
Specific data-related policies are needed to accelerate this evolution and to provide the necessary enabling framework for the development of prosumer business models. In this light, a common European data space should be established to support a transparent, interoperable and reliable access and sharing of data between market parties and system operators.
This online workshop will shed lights on prosumer data exchanges to enable seamless flexibility integration into TSO-DSO markets and in particular it will be focused on:
- the necessary data to activate the full demand-side flexibility potential of all consumers, including prosumers data, grid operations and market data;
- challenges and opportunities of data access and interoperability, including interoperability of flexibility assets and the harmonisation of data exchange with grid operators.
smartEn will present its main recommendations for a European digital strategy that supports the cost-effective decarbonisation of the energy system based on the active participation of all end-users.
The audience will be composed of businesses and policymakers that have a keen interest in developing flexible, smart solutions for the decarbonisation of the energy system.
10.30-10.35 | Welcome
10.35-10.40 | Opening speech: The Digitalization of Energy Action Plan to set a European data-sharing infrastructure that values demand-side flexibility
- DG ENER, European Commission
10.40-10.50 | Input presentation: The pillars of a digital ecosystem built on prosumer data for their seamless flexibility integration into TSO-DSO markets
- Laurent Schmitt, Head of Utilities & European Developments, dcbel
10.50-11.35 | Panel discussion: The necessary conditions to boost data exchange between grid operators and all market parties
11.35-11.50 | Q&A session
11.50-12.00 | Conclusion
- Mark van Stiphout, Deputy head of unit, DG Energy, European Commission
- Michael Villa, Executive Director, smartEn
Smart Energy Europe
About the Organizers
Visited 12 times, 1 Visit today