Thu, Sep 22 – 2016 -08:00 am
Columbia Technology Ventures is the tech transfer office of Columbia University. Our core objective is to facilitate the transfer of inventions from academic research to outside organizations for the benefit of society on a local, national and global basis. Each year, CTV manages more than 350 invention disclosures from faculty, 100 license deals and 15 new start-ups, involving approximately 45 multi-disciplinary, full-time staff across Columbia’s two campuses. CTV currently has over 1200 patent assets available for licensing, across research fields such as bio, IT, cleantech, devices, nanotechnology, and material science.
Columbia Technology Ventures has a particular focus on start-up companies. Over the years, CTV has launched over 150 companies based on Columbia’s technologies. Of these companies, over 40 have received VC funding, with over 25 successful acquisitions or IPOs to date.
For more information, please visit www.techventures.columbia.edu
Related board memberships and advisory relationships:
– Peer reviewer, National Science Foundation (NSF) I-Corps Program
– Peer reviewer, Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU) Innovation and Economic Prosperity program.
– Executive board member, NYC Media Lab
– Oversight Committee, Columbia Coulter Translational Partnership
– Principal investigator on PowerBridgeNY (NYSERDA-funded clean energy proof-of-concept center)
– Advisory board member, NYC ACRE start-up incubator
Thu Sep 22, 2016 - 08:00 am