Tech Talk: Learn about how Amazon is introducing a live video-driven shopping experience that leverages AWS Kinesis to process customer-generated events and enable real-time interactivity
Amazon is one of the world’s most highly trafficked sites and the delivery of relevant advertising to shopping customers is a key company strategy and rapidly growing source of revenue. Amazon Advertising Platform (AAP) develops the systems that serve beautiful, innovative ads across Amazon and 3rd party websites. We also power live video shopping experiences.
In this talk, learn how AAP is using AWS Kinesis to process real-time customer-generated events to drive an interactive video shopping experience. This talk covers the architecture of that solution and draws out the key enabling features that AWS Kinesis provides.
Guthrie Collin, Senior Manager, Amazon NYC – Guthrie is the Senior Manager of Technical Products for Amazon’s Ad Platform where he leads engineers, data scientists and product managers in conceiving, developing and launching data services and data analytics products that improve marketing ROI for brand advertisers. His team solves petabyte scale data problems with AWS tech, Spark/Scala, RESTful services and Java. They also explore Amazon data with SQL, Python and, occasionally R, to prototype novel, data-powered business applications.
John Katsavrias, Software Manager, Amazon NYC – John is a Software Development Manager at Amazon where he leads the development of a new platform aimed at enabling a live video-driven shopping experience. His team leverages AWS technologies (such as Kinesis, Lambda, Cloudfront, DynamoDB and Redshift), cutting edge mobile and web frameworks as well as Java RESTful services in order to launch the first Amazon scale product that will combine live video streaming, interactivity and real time data analytics. John has previously worked with large scale low latency transactional systems and likes to focus on system designs that balance developer productivity and solution maintainability.
• 6:00PM – 6:30PM – Registration: Attendees Register
• 6:30PM – 6:45PM – Welcome: Intro to Amazon Advertising Platform
• 6:45PM – 7:30PM – Learn about how Amazon is introducing a live video-driven shopping experience that leverages AWS Kinesis to process customer-generated events and enable real-time interactivity
• 7:30PM – 8:30PM – Networking: Q&A / Networking with Amazon Ad Platform’s Team
• Free Food & Drinks at the event!
• Meet Amazon developers and team leads to learn about our innovative technology and qualify for a chance to win the All-New Echo Dot (2nd Generation) and other great prizes!
• Tweet about this event using #AmazonNYCTech
THE FINE PRINT: To win, you must have registered or RSVP’d for the event and be present at the time of the raffle drawing: 8:15 PM, during the networking event.
Amazon Engineering NYC Tech
Visited 43 times, 1 Visit today